My contact details
My name is Kate McBarron and I am a blogger who is passionate about writing and wellbeing. My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
The type of personal information I collect
I currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal information via email – When you email me using the email address shown on my website, I receive your email address plus any additional personal information that you choose to share.
- Comments information – When you leave a comment on my website, you may choose to leave your name and email address.
How I get the personal information and why I have it
Most of the personal information I process is provided to me directly by you for the following reason:
- To allow you to make contact with me via my email address, which is shown on my website.
I use the information that you have given me in order to:
- Contact you regarding an email you have sent me.
- Keep track of comments on my website.
I will not share your information with any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing.
I use third parties who provide elements of services for me. You can find out about their privacy policies below.
- WordPress (website content management): https://en-gb.wordpress.org/about/privacy/
- DreamHost (website hosting and email provider): https://www.dreamhost.com/legal/privacy-policy/
- Jetpack (website optimisation and analytics): https://jetpack.com/support/privacy/
- Automattic (website functionality) https://automattic.com/privacy-notice/ and https://automattic.com/privacy/
- Yahoo (email provider): https://policies.yahoo.com/ie/en/yahoo/privacy/index.htm
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful basis I rely on for processing this information is:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting me via email at email@example.com
How I store your personal information
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so I can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Information sent via email
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask me for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask me to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask me to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask me to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask me to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that I transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, I have one month to respond to you.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
- I use Jetpack to learn more about how visitors use this site. The information collected is anonymous. You can find out more about Jetpack’s approach to privacy here: https://jetpack.com/support/privacy/
- This website includes a cookie consent banner. It uses a cookie called ‘eucookielaw’. This cookie is used to remember your choice about cookie preferences on writetorelax.com. Where you have previously indicated a preference, your preference will be stored in this cookie.
How do you change your cookie settings?
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s website.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about my use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to me via email at email@example.com.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how I have used your data.
The ICO’s address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk